So you have been protecting your skin from the sun with your nice SPF sun lotions on holiday….Don’t be so quick to put them away!
Everyone has heard of environmental damage/ageing, but how many of us know exactly what this means entails for our skin?
1) Pollution and debris can interact with the skins uv rays accelerating ageing and skin damage.
2) Smog and air pollution clog our pores and leave a film of impurities on the skin.
3) UVA is the ageing Ray!! It is present everyday all year round and causes premature ageing of our skin.
4) Other factors that age the skin are smoking excessive alcohol consumption, stress, diet, diseases and medication.
The most environmental damage and premature ageing is caused by sun exposure. UV radiation causes oxidisation and damage to DNA and the cells. If this is not repaired it will cause a chain reaction within the cells causing premature ageing, this results in visual lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and at worst skin cancer.
90% of skin ageing is caused from the sun and uv rays. This is called photo-ageing – which is premature ageing of our skin.
So what can we do and how can we stop it?
We can stop it by protecting our skin from ultraviolet exposure using an spf with a uva filter everyday of our lives!!!
Can we reverse it?
Yes we can if treated early enough!
We can peel the skin – thinning the over processed thickened epidermis with a range of glycolics (fruit acids) and speeding up cell renewal – the peel is also infused with antioxidants to help neutralise cell oxidation. The aim is to improve the appearance of the skin – for example, by reducing age spots and evening out skin tone. A skin peel can rejuvenate your skin to reveal more youthful, softer and smoother looking skin.
What results should you expect from a Skin Peel?
- Rejuvenated and brighter skin
- Revival of dull skin
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Even skin texture and tone
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoother, softer skin
- Eliminated pigmentation and reduced effects of sun damage
- Reduction of inflammation and breakouts caused by acne
- Hydrated and nourished skin
- Stimulated collagen production for plump and youthful looking skin
We have a special offer on our Skin Peels throughout September: £30 for an Hour (Saving £10) Call Nikki to book an appointment: 07596 091206.